Friday, April 27, 2007

Quartz Lake, April 2007

The weekend I floated down the Clearwater, I stayed at the Quartz Lake cabin the day before and 2 days after. I drove across the ice, but didn't feel safe leaving the truck on the ice overnite even though it turned out to be plenty thick and safe during my time there. I drilled thru the ice and found it to still be 4 feet thick. Anyhow, I had to sled stuff across several days after I drove the truck across the first day.



Enjoying the warm weather on the deck.



I brought the canoe over to the landing with the truck on Friday, but on Sunday I dragged it back to the cabin. It was super easy.


Cowboy shadows on the ice.



Here is a new twist of an old hobby of mine, working diamond willow. Wine holders. The full bottle of wine balances when the holder is cut to the correct length.
Some tools of the trade and a look at what the diamond willow looks like with the bark on, after it is de-barked with a knife/wood chisel/dremel tool and then all sanded up and coated. I forgot to put in the dremel tool, sandpaper and urethane/brush/spray can.


Hole in the ice for ice-fishing. No luck.

No comments: