Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Raising a Wall, Dec. 1, 2007

At the crack of dawn, 7:30 am (well that would be in most areas, here in the Interior the sun was a few hours away), Wendy Shiffler drove up my driveway. I was just out of bed and hadn't even had the time to get dressed yet. He was there to help me put up a wall in the second story of my place. He even brought breakfast! I had not expected him. I had left a message with him a few days before saying that I would be building a wall on Sat. He took it upon himself to show up when he did! What he didn't know was that I had to go to a friend's place and fix his fuel line from the tank to the oil stove in the house. That took 2 hours then we got to work on the wall. Thanks for all your help Wendy!!!


The first section.


Wendy left around 2:30 pm. We got to the door and he helped me mark out where to put the rest of the wall. I had to make a lumber run to Home Depot and then finished up the wall by about 8 pm. Nice to have some definition to the space.


Looking towards the stair case.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I had Wendell for my 10th and 11th grade biology I and II teacher in Lathrop - tell him Bevinne McCann say 'hi'. Too bad he doesn't have a blog. If he does - tell me at my blog - k?
:) Good to see he's still around!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.